Effective Date: October 2021
It’s My Phone, Inc (“imp”), and its affiliates and subsidiaries care about privacy. After all, our goal is to eliminate the unwanted phone call. We want to make sure that your private world is your world to control.
- Physical products, both hardware and software (“Hardware” or “imp Box”),
- Website(s) that may be accessed through itsmyphone.com and other addresses (“Site”),
- Services, including purchasing, subscription services, technical support and other services accessible through the internet or telephone or other communication platform (“Web Services”),
- Software that may be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet (“Apps”), and
- Data maintained on computer servers (“Server Data”)
Additional information on our privacy practices may be provided in other documents such as offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
2. Personal Information We May Collect and the Sources We May Collect it From
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us your Personal Information, as well as what happens if you don’t provide the information. In general, if you do not provide Personal Information, our Services will be of much less value to you and may not work as described.
- Personal Information We Collect From You
- Registration. In order to use our Services, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information when you create an account, or when you install and register Apps or Web Services, register Hardware, visit our Site, complete a survey or sign up to be on our mailing list. We may ask you to submit the following types of Personal Information: first and last name, country, email address, Hardware or App information, date of purchase, landline telephone number, mailing address, and proof of purchase. We may also collect additional personal information such as your interests or hobbies, your gender or age.
- Contact information. Our Services are based on the idea that your landline phone will only ring when it is someone you know. To make that work, our Service creates lists of the names and phone numbers of people you know or contact. Currently, we draw on various sources of data to develop these lists. First, and most importantly, your contacts on your smartphone. At set up, you will be asked for your permission to access your contact information. If you do not provide this information, our Service will probably be of much less value to you. If you do provide this information, our Service will access and use all of your smart phone contacts. Second, our Service can, at your choice, pay attention to the numbers you dial from your landline. Third, you can dynamically add, and edit, information about calls you receive, adding that information to various lists. Finally, you may invite others to participate in managing an imp Box, and they will be asked to provide information about their contacts. (“Invited User”). Or you may be invited to participate in managing an imp Box, and you are the Invited User. Information about the Invited User’s contacts will be visible to other Users of the imp Box, and integrated into the overall lists of names used to facilitate our Service.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies. We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, beacons, and other tracking technologies in our Services to collect data and related information, including IP addresses, geolocation information, device identifiers, advertising identifiers and other information about your Hardware and Services. We may collect information about your browser and what sites you visit. We might also look at how and how often you use our applications and certain features. Third parties may also collect information using cookies. Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform.
- Information you voluntarily share or post. We may collect Personal Information that you provide, or post in a public space on our website, such as message boards, or on our social media accounts or pages. As another example, you can choose to invite others to participate in the Services through an invitation you send to your friends, and we will need to collect information to facilitate that invitation process.
- Product Usage. We collect information related to the use of our Services and statistics about their performance. This information includes Internet speed, voltage information, storage information, error rates, and other performance information.
- VoiceMail and Call Information. As part of our Services, we collect, store, and process information about who has called whom, and any associated voice mail messages to those calls. (“Call Information”) We store the Call Information for various time periods in the components of our Services, depending on your subscription plans, configurations, and settings. Our Services may include capturing and sending to you portions of the Call Information as part of a notification or analyzing the Call Information to identify trends and patterns. We may process Personal Information so that we can send you alerts or notifications when Call Information is gathered.
- Customer support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer care team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
- Payment details. We may collect credit card and billing information, including payment information, to process your order. For example, we collect your credit card number when you buy a subscription to use some of our Services, for shipping services related to a warranty replacement, or when you purchase Hardware.
- Job application. We will collect any Personal Information that you provide to us when you apply for a job with imp.
- Personal Information We Obtain From Other Sources
- Third Party Credentials. If you access our Services using your login credentials for a Third Party (Such as Facebook or Google, among others), we may receive Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, and gender. Any Personal Information that we collect from a Third Party account may depend on your privacy settings with that Third Party.
- Personal Information about Another Party. If you choose to provide us with Personal Information of Another Party (such as a name, email, address, or phone number), you must ensure that you have Another Party’s permission to do so. Examples include providing us with the names and images that you associate with account users, forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend, inviting them to participate in our Services, or sending job referrals.
- Invited User Contact Information. Finally, you may invite others to participate in managing an imp Box, and they will be asked to provide information about their contacts. (“Invited User”). Or you may be invited to participate in managing an imp Box, and you are the Invited User. Information about the Invited User’s contacts will be visible to other Users of the imp Box, and integrated into the overall lists of names used to facilitate our Service.
3. How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the Service and communicate with you. We will use your Personal Information to deliver our Services and to interact with you directly.
- Maintain, improve and develop products and Services. We will use your Personal Information to ensure our Services are working as intended and to make improvements to our Services. We will also use the information we collect in existing Services to help us develop new ones or to customize Services for you
- Internal data analyses. We use Personal Information for internal analytics to understand how our Services are used.
- Marketing. We may send you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions (including contests, sweepstakes and any other marketing activities) either directly from us or from our partners. These will generally be our own offers or offers for third-party products related to our Services.
- Protect our company, prevent fraud and securing our Services. We may use your Personal Information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
- Compliance with law and other standards. We may use your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over imp.
- Anonymous Aggregation. We may use your Personal Information, stripped of information that would identify you specifically, in aggregate. For instance, we might aggregate the number of calls the Service has screened, or monitor for callers that have been Redlisted by multiple users of our Service, among other things.
- Other activities. We may process your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. How We May Share Your Personal Information
Subject to How We May Use Your Personal Information and How We May Not Use Your Personal Information, we may share Personal Information in the following ways or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of data collection:
- With people you share an imp Box with
- With people you invite to join imp Services, sign up for imp Services, or buy our Services
- Within the family of imp companies of companies worldwide.
- With service providers. We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality and security measures. Examples of services include: processing of orders and credit card transactions, sending marketing communications, sharing your email address to assist us with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- We may share information for legal reasons. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of imp if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of imp, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Others. If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
5. How We May Not Use Your Personal Information
While we want to be clear how we will use your Personal Information (“Permitted Use” or “How we May Use your Personal Information”, and “How We May Share Your Personal Information”), we also want to be clear how we may not use your personal information:
Outside of a Permitted use, we may not sell or share your Personal Information.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we maintain about you and certain choices about what Personal Information we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you.
- You can opt out of receiving our educational and promotional emails. To stop receiving our marketing and promotional emails, follow the instructions in any marketing email you get from us, or on your Apps. If you opt-out of getting educational and promotional emails, we will still send you important operational messages. For example, we may still contact you about your orders, you will also continue to receive critical technical and security information about your IMP Services, and IMP will continue to send you notifications depending on the system settings that you implement.
- You can choose not to install our applications or agree to our End User License Agreement (EULA), or fill out a warranty card. This choice may severely limit our Services or ability to provide support.
- You can update or delete your account. Through your account settings, you can update some of your Personal Information or delete your account. However, if you delete your account, you may not be able to fully use the Service. If you delete your account, we will remove most of your Personal Information and all of your Call Information, but may retain some Personal Information for accounting and historical record reasons.
- To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
California residents' rights. If you reside in California and are not a job applicant, employee or employee of another company interacting with us in your job role, you have the right to ask us what information we collect and use. You also have the right to ask what information we disclose and sell, and you have the right to request that we delete information we have collected from you. To exercise your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by matching information you provide us with information we have about you. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You can designate someone else to make a request by having them execute a notarized power of attorney to act on your behalf.
Sales of information. Under California law we are required to tell California residents if we “sell” Personal Information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, as that term is defined by applicable law. We do not do this, based on our understanding of that term. We also have disclosure obligations in Nevada. We do not exchange Nevada residents’ Personal Information for money with anyone. We do not sell Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. Nevada residents may opt out of the future sale of their Personal Information to a third party so that they may license or sell information by emailing us at email@example.com.
7. International Data Transfers
8. Children’s Privacy and Elder’s Privacy
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, social media or discussion board, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, for purposes neither imp nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and discussion boards may have additional rules and conditions. imp is not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Retention of Personal Information: We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it or when you request its deletion, unless we are allowed or required by law to keep the information for a longer period. We complete periodic reviews of our databases, and have established time limits for certain data deletion, taking into account the type of services provided in the context of the Products and Services, the length of our relationship with you, mandatory retention periods, and the statute of limitations.
10. Third Party Services
11. Update to this policy
12. How to Contact Us